Message from the Principal
Greetings Wooddale Family,
Welcome to GREATNESS! Wooddale Middle School is the home of the Eagles, and we are committed to transforming public education so every child can be successful in college, leadership, and life. We proudly serve the Parkway Village community, providing free, high quality, college-ready education, in a safe and nurturing environment.
Here at Wooddale Middle, we consider ourselves One Team with One Goal. That Goal is ensuring that every student, parent, community member, and all staff feel valued and supported whenever they walk into our building. Our team truly enjoys doing the “heart work” to ensure we meet the needs of all of our stakeholders. We invite you to partner with us in our efforts to build a great neighborhood school, one that will develop and sustain pathways to prosperity for our students and their families.
Please join us at our upcoming parent events and continue to stay connected to your student’s academic and behavioral progress by checking out our school’s Facebook page, and by logging onto our Power School system regularly.
News & Announcements
Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee invites you to our 2017-2018 Charter School Fair NEW DATE: Saturday, January 20, 2018 We are building great neighborhood schools preparing students for college, leadership and life. Join us at Kirby Middle School 6670 E. Raines Road Memphis, TN 38115 (t) 901.730.8169 Saturday, January 20, 2018 10am-2pm During the event…
You’re Invited! Join us at Wooddale Middle School to meet your student’s teachers and learn about your school. Dinner will be served! 5-8pm Wooddale Middle School3467 Castleman StreetMemphis, TN 38118
Join the Wooddale Eagles for their Spring open house, Thursday, April 28, 2016. This is an opportunity to meet the principal, teachers and students.
Latest Updates from Wooddale
- The 74 — Soleo: In Education, the Oldest Form of Discrimination Is the Status Quo. That’s Why Memphis’s Priority Schools Shouldn’t Return to Their DistrictsBy Chad SoleoCEO, Green Dot Public Schools National Let there be no confusion: For more than half a century, public education in Memphis has been delivered in a systemically inequitable fashion, and historically low-income and vulnerable neighborhoods have had it the worst. In high schools, dropouts outnumbered graduates, and the disparate outcomes fell along traditional lines of race ... read more
- Why this Parent Loves Wooddale Middle SchoolAntoine Stone is a proud Green Dot parent who considers Wooddale Middle School a second home. "It feels so family oriented and that's what I love. It's not just teachers that come to teach kids, but it's mothers and fathers that come to teach their kids, who they call their kids away from home," said Stone. Enroll Your Child Today The ... read more
- Three Green Dot Schools Achieve TVAAS Scores of 5 as 2018-19 School Year CommencesThree Green Dot schools – Bluff City High School, Kirby Middle School, and Wooddale Middle School – all achieved Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS) scores of 5 as they opened in early August for the 2018-19 school year. The scores show significant growth and achievement for Green Dot Public Schools’ students. We began operating schools in Memphis since 2014 when we were invited by the state’s Achievement School District to transform several local middle and high schools. TVAAS measures student growth year over ... read more
- Edutopia– Alyssa Nucaro: The Value of Compassion in Teachingby Alyssa Nucaro for edutopiaSpecial Education Teacher, Wooddale Middle School I began my teaching career as a transplant to the Memphis community and felt an enormous culture shock. I quickly learned that many of my students needed a lot of support due to the troubling circumstances they faced on a daily basis—Memphis is one of the most violent ... read more
- Tis’ the Season: Students Create Opportunities to GiveThe season of gratitude and giving is upon us, and our students are leading the charge! Schools across the Green Dot network have worked with their community and local organizations to host events that encourage their peers and neighbors to give and foster a spirit of generosity. As we educate students and inspire them to use their minds to create change, we aim to also encourage them to use their hearts. At our schools we encourage students ... read more