We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for high school, college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Dear Kirby Families,
I am pleased to be serving as the principal of Kirby Middle School. I am thrilled to serve our community in a greater capacity and to continue the great work of all of the past and present teachers and leaders here at Kirby. I have been a member of the Kirby community since 2016 when I joined the team as an Administrator in Residence and continued to serve last year as an Assistant Principal.
Although I am new to my current role, the mission and focus of Kirby Middle School will remain the same. We will continue to operate a structured and supportive campus, and provide rigorous instruction to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college, leadership, and life. Year after year, our students continue to raise the bar for academic achievement and growth which is how we were able to accomplish scoring Level 5 on the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS). I look forward to continuing to this journey to academic, social, and behavioral success.
My vision for Kirby this year is to continue to achieve success in these areas through fully adopting Restorative Practices and investing our students in the Cougar’s Creed which is centered around the core values of Community, Academics, Respect, and Excellence. Our incredibly skillful team of teachers, leaders, and staff members will be sure to hold students accountable to these core values through the adoption of new systems for discipline as well as revamped student incentive programming. It’s incredibly rewarding to see this vision coming to fruition already this year!
I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with many of you, the parents and families of Kirby, over the past two years and I look forward to getting to know even more of you in the future. Please join me at our upcoming parent events and continue to stay connected to your student’s academic and behavioral progress by logging onto the Hero system and the Power School system regularly.
Latest Updates from Kirby
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Updates 9/12Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST Updates Septmber 12, 2021 Where Did The Time Go? It is amazing how quickly time flies when you’re making memories and creating academic opportunities students will never forget. This time last year, we were huddled at home, working through the newness of ... read more
- Green Dot Educators Share Excitement in Reopening this School YearFor the last two years, educators across the country have grappled with the safest way to serve our students during a world-wide pandemic. Across the network, Green Dot schools have provided families with devices to access live-instruction distance learning, hybrid, and in-person learning experiences, after school support, and alternatives to ensure every student receives a high-quality public school education. This fall, following the guidelines from leading health agencies across our nation, our schools are welcoming students on campus for the 2021-2022 school ... read more
- Author Helps Kirby Middle School Promote Literacy in the Digital AgeBrownie Spires, English teacher at Kirby Middle School, is constantly looking for new ways to enrich students’ reading and writing experiences. When Spires learned that all of her seventh grade students had read Angie Thomas’ book, The Hate U Give, in their 6th grade English class, she was inspired to reach out to the author. Spires sent Thomas a message but never expected that the author would reply and record a special video message to her class. “I definitely freaked out like ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Updates 6/13Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST Updates June 13, 2021 Summer School The 2020-21 school year has closed out and we are already going strong with our summer school programming. Each school will offer in person instruction that enables students to receive enrichment, make up course credits and participate ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 5/31Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST RE-ENTRY AND RECOVERY UPDATES “Graduation is not the end; it’s the beginning.” – Orrin Hatch CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATES! Green Dot Public Schools TN is proud to congratulate the 2021 graduates of Fairley High, Hillcrest High and the first ever senior class at Bluff City High School. Finishing ... read more