We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for high school, college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Dear Kirby Families,
I am pleased to be serving as the principal of Kirby Middle School. I am thrilled to serve our community in a greater capacity and to continue the great work of all of the past and present teachers and leaders here at Kirby. I have been a member of the Kirby community since 2016 when I joined the team as an Administrator in Residence and continued to serve last year as an Assistant Principal.
Although I am new to my current role, the mission and focus of Kirby Middle School will remain the same. We will continue to operate a structured and supportive campus, and provide rigorous instruction to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college, leadership, and life. Year after year, our students continue to raise the bar for academic achievement and growth which is how we were able to accomplish scoring Level 5 on the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS). I look forward to continuing to this journey to academic, social, and behavioral success.
My vision for Kirby this year is to continue to achieve success in these areas through fully adopting Restorative Practices and investing our students in the Cougar’s Creed which is centered around the core values of Community, Academics, Respect, and Excellence. Our incredibly skillful team of teachers, leaders, and staff members will be sure to hold students accountable to these core values through the adoption of new systems for discipline as well as revamped student incentive programming. It’s incredibly rewarding to see this vision coming to fruition already this year!
I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with many of you, the parents and families of Kirby, over the past two years and I look forward to getting to know even more of you in the future. Please join me at our upcoming parent events and continue to stay connected to your student’s academic and behavioral progress by logging onto the Hero system and the Power School system regularly.
Latest Updates from Kirby
- Novedades de Reapertura de GDPST 1/17Familia GDPST, Las Escuelas Públicas Green Dot TN quieren agradecerle a maestros, administradores y personal, por la gran labor realizada para que los alumnos sigan gozando de la educación y aprendizaje de calidad a lo largo de la pandemia. Desde que regresaron los alumnos del receso de primavera 2020 con la plataforma en línea, los educadores de GDPST han provisto perseverantemente oportunidades a alumnos para seguir con su desarrollo y aprovechamiento. El mismo compromiso seguirá en pie en nuestra transición a la siguiente columna de nuestra trayectoria ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/17Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español.GDPST Family, Green Dot Public Schools TN would like to thank teachers, administrators and staff for the great work they have done to make sure students continue to receive quality teaching and learning throughout the pandemic. Since students returned from 2020 Spring Break to an online platform, GDPST educators have steadfastly provided students with opportunities for continued growth and achievement. This ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/32020: A Year In Review Happy New Year! If you're reading this newsletter, you have successfully survived the most challenging year in recent memory. The Green Dot Public Schools TN family is excited that you have made it to 2021 and hope that you will continue to thrive in the coming year! So many things happened this year to impact our school community that are worthy to note: March 12, 2020 will go down in infamy as the day schools were closed because of ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 12/13GDPST Family, The holiday season is upon us and we will soon celebrate the end of a year that seems like a lifetime. As promised last month, we agreed to have a decision about January’s return by December 11, 2020. Our leadership teams have continued to consult with experts and reflect on the current state of learning at our schools. After much deliberation, we agree on two realities: First, if each of us enacts safety measures with fidelity, schools will be safe for students and staff. With ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 12/3GDPST Family, Thank you for working with us through distance learning. We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us to educate your student and prepare him/her for college, leadership and life. In past weeks, we have shared the GDPST Planning for Return document that outlined the general process for moving to in-person learning. Recent studies and local data indicate that schools are not the primary source of COVID spread (with the exception of sports). As you’ve seen in previous newsletters, we have detailed our plan to ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/17