We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for high school, college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Dear Kirby Families,
I am pleased to be serving as the principal of Kirby Middle School. I am thrilled to serve our community in a greater capacity and to continue the great work of all of the past and present teachers and leaders here at Kirby. I have been a member of the Kirby community since 2016 when I joined the team as an Administrator in Residence and continued to serve last year as an Assistant Principal.
Although I am new to my current role, the mission and focus of Kirby Middle School will remain the same. We will continue to operate a structured and supportive campus, and provide rigorous instruction to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college, leadership, and life. Year after year, our students continue to raise the bar for academic achievement and growth which is how we were able to accomplish scoring Level 5 on the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS). I look forward to continuing to this journey to academic, social, and behavioral success.
My vision for Kirby this year is to continue to achieve success in these areas through fully adopting Restorative Practices and investing our students in the Cougar’s Creed which is centered around the core values of Community, Academics, Respect, and Excellence. Our incredibly skillful team of teachers, leaders, and staff members will be sure to hold students accountable to these core values through the adoption of new systems for discipline as well as revamped student incentive programming. It’s incredibly rewarding to see this vision coming to fruition already this year!
I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with many of you, the parents and families of Kirby, over the past two years and I look forward to getting to know even more of you in the future. Please join me at our upcoming parent events and continue to stay connected to your student’s academic and behavioral progress by logging onto the Hero system and the Power School system regularly.
Latest Updates from Kirby
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 3/28Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST RE-ENTRY AND RECOVERY UPDATES I'm Every Woman “I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman…that’s me!” – Maya Angelou In the words of the great poet Beyonce, “Who runs the world? GIRLS!” Green Dot Public Schools TN is honoring the accomplishments of the many women who drive the work of transforming education in ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 3/14Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST RE-ENTRY AND RECOVERY UPDATES Looking Back: A Full Year in Review "Reflection is the act of looking back so that the view looking forward is even clearer." - Unknown Spring Break will be observed on all Green Dot Public Schools TN campuses March 15 - 19, 2021. We are hopeful ... read more
- Our Math Teachers Share Their Favorite Distance Learning ToolsWhen school districts around the nation shifted to distance learning, we had to reimagine our learning environments. Our school leadership teams and curriculum specialists collaborated with our teachers to develop innovative practices and approaches to support students in achieving subject mastery. In a remote learning environment. And as a network, we’ve made a swift commitment to narrow the digital divide for our students by providing all of our students with laptops and wireless hotspots. Through these ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 2/28Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST RE-ENTRY UPDATES Black History 365 If you are reading this newsletter, you have survived the recent historic winter storm that brought more snow than the Bluff City has seen in over 30 years! While this weather event was history in the making, it cannot overshadow the strength and power of Black ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 2/14Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST Family, Leading Green Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing to partner with Green Dot Public Schools TN. At no other time in our history has it been more important for our organization to lead green. If you are a member of the Green Dot team, you know what it means to "lead green" and understand how each principle uniquely applies to everything we have been doing ... read more