We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for high school, college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Dear Kirby Families,
I am pleased to be serving as the principal of Kirby Middle School. I am thrilled to serve our community in a greater capacity and to continue the great work of all of the past and present teachers and leaders here at Kirby. I have been a member of the Kirby community since 2016 when I joined the team as an Administrator in Residence and continued to serve last year as an Assistant Principal.
Although I am new to my current role, the mission and focus of Kirby Middle School will remain the same. We will continue to operate a structured and supportive campus, and provide rigorous instruction to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college, leadership, and life. Year after year, our students continue to raise the bar for academic achievement and growth which is how we were able to accomplish scoring Level 5 on the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS). I look forward to continuing to this journey to academic, social, and behavioral success.
My vision for Kirby this year is to continue to achieve success in these areas through fully adopting Restorative Practices and investing our students in the Cougar’s Creed which is centered around the core values of Community, Academics, Respect, and Excellence. Our incredibly skillful team of teachers, leaders, and staff members will be sure to hold students accountable to these core values through the adoption of new systems for discipline as well as revamped student incentive programming. It’s incredibly rewarding to see this vision coming to fruition already this year!
I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with many of you, the parents and families of Kirby, over the past two years and I look forward to getting to know even more of you in the future. Please join me at our upcoming parent events and continue to stay connected to your student’s academic and behavioral progress by logging onto the Hero system and the Power School system regularly.
Latest Updates from Kirby
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Updates 12/12GDPST Updates December 12, 2021 Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. LET'S FINISH STRONG It is down to the wire! There is just one week left in the first semester of the 2021-22 school year and Green Dot Public Schools TN is beaming with pride at all our students, teachers, staff, and administrators have accomplished. ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Updates 11/22GDPST Updates November 22, 2021 Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. “ABILITY is what you’re capable of doing. MOTIVATION determines what you do. ATTITUDE determines who well you do it.” – Lou Holtz GRATITUDE The holiday season is suddenly upon us. It’s the time of year when we ... read more
- How Kirby Student Athletes Learned to Win as a TeamThis year, Kirby Middle School revitalized its girl’s volleyball program, providing students with an opportunity to compete in a team sport. Despite not having a history with volleyball and team sports, Kirby students eagerly signed up to play. “So, a lot of my girls had never been on a team before or known what it means to be an athlete. So, we had to do a lot of work, describing what a team is and lifting ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Updates 11/07GDPST Updates November 07, 2021 Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. “ABILITY is what you’re capable of doing. MOTIVATION determines what you do. ATTITUDE determines who well you do it.” – Lou Holtz THE JOURNEY TO GREATNESS The Fairley Bulldogs kicked off the 2021-2022 football season confidently, despite being ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Updates 9/12Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español. GDPST Updates Septmber 12, 2021 Where Did The Time Go? It is amazing how quickly time flies when you’re making memories and creating academic opportunities students will never forget. This time last year, we were huddled at home, working through the newness of ... read more