We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for high school, college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Dear Kirby Families,
I am pleased to be serving as the principal of Kirby Middle School. I am thrilled to serve our community in a greater capacity and to continue the great work of all of the past and present teachers and leaders here at Kirby. I have been a member of the Kirby community since 2016 when I joined the team as an Administrator in Residence and continued to serve last year as an Assistant Principal.
Although I am new to my current role, the mission and focus of Kirby Middle School will remain the same. We will continue to operate a structured and supportive campus, and provide rigorous instruction to ensure that all of our students are prepared for college, leadership, and life. Year after year, our students continue to raise the bar for academic achievement and growth which is how we were able to accomplish scoring Level 5 on the Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS). I look forward to continuing to this journey to academic, social, and behavioral success.
My vision for Kirby this year is to continue to achieve success in these areas through fully adopting Restorative Practices and investing our students in the Cougar’s Creed which is centered around the core values of Community, Academics, Respect, and Excellence. Our incredibly skillful team of teachers, leaders, and staff members will be sure to hold students accountable to these core values through the adoption of new systems for discipline as well as revamped student incentive programming. It’s incredibly rewarding to see this vision coming to fruition already this year!
I have enjoyed meeting and speaking with many of you, the parents and families of Kirby, over the past two years and I look forward to getting to know even more of you in the future. Please join me at our upcoming parent events and continue to stay connected to your student’s academic and behavioral progress by logging onto the Hero system and the Power School system regularly.
Latest Updates from Kirby
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 11/23GDPST Family, It is hard to believe we will soon celebrate Thanksgiving. Though this is a different holiday season than any of us has ever experienced, there is much to be thankful for in the last few months of 2020. We continue to ask everyone to be as safe as possible as you celebrate with your loved ones. Because every decision we make is all about the students, we believe that an in-person learning option is best for academic success. However, we (still) believe in science. ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 11/08Thank you for working with us through distance learning. This has been a learning opportunity for all who are a part of this organization. We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us to educate your student and prepare him/her for college, leadership and life. In the past weeks, we have shared the GDPST Planning for Return document that outlined the general process for moving to in-person learning. Recent studies and local data indicate that schools are not the primary source of COVID spread (with the exception ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 10/26“Reflection is the act of looking back so that view looking forward is even clearer.” - UnknownWe have officially begun Quarter 2 on all Green Dot Public Schools TN campuses. As we move forward, we want to reflect on how the pandemic has changed the way we do everything from greeting friends to attending school; much has changed. For the first time in the history ... read more
- Five Glimpses into School Spirit During CovidIn these times of uncertainty, human connection is more important than ever. As distance learning continues, Green Dot educators have found new ways to spread hope and kindness in their school communities. This week, we’re highlighting a few ways that our schools have been staying connected and keeping school spirit high as we remain apart.Tip ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 10/11“Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what's left of you.” - Kathie ReedThis week, our organization will take a break and fully acknowledge the changing of the season and the end of the first quarter of distance learning. Green Dot Public Schools TN can't thank enough the teachers, staff and students who have given their best in a very different ... read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 11/08