We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving the Whitehaven community of Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.”
Welcome to Hillcrest High School, a place where students learn to transcend their environment through the integration of academic and social skills, follow their passion and experience the beauty of their dreams. My 13-year career in education is driven by the desire to help young people achieve their greatest potential. As Principal of Hillcrest High School, my goal is to ensure students have a well-rounded high school experience that is rooted in Green Dot Public School’s mission of College, Leadership, and Life.
In my four years at Hillcrest, I have been a part of a transformation that has seen Hillcrest move from being a Level 1 school annually to now being rated a Level 3 by the Tennessee Department of Education. Here at Hillcrest High School it is our belief that all students regardless of race, religious affiliation, or socio-economic status should have access to high quality education. We also believe in empowering our children in such a manner than they act as representatives of a meaningful and value based society. Our curriculum which focuses on educating the whole child complements this. We have a team of fabulous faculty members who display immeasurable energy and an intense commitment to see every child succeed every day!
It is an honor and a pleasure to not only serve as the Principal of Hillcrest High School, but to return the neighborhood that raised me and made me the man I am today. The challenges we face ahead may be great, but with your continued support there is nothing we can’t accomplish. There is no option but to achieve excellence! Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of our faculty if you have any questions or concerns.
Teddrick T. Estes
Principal, Hillcrest High School
Latest updates from Hillcrest
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 11/23GDPST Family, It is hard to believe we will soon celebrate Thanksgiving. Though this is a different holiday season than any of us has ever experienced, there is much to be thankful for in the last few months of 2020. We continue to ask everyone to be as safe as possible as you celebrate with your loved ones. Because every decision we make is all about read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 11/08Thank you for working with us through distance learning. This has been a learning opportunity for all who are a part of this organization. We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us to educate your student and prepare him/her for college, leadership and life. In the past weeks, we have shared the GDPST Planning for Return document that outlined the general process for moving to in-person read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 10/26“Reflection is the act of looking back so that view looking forward is even clearer.” - UnknownWe have officially begun Quarter 2 on all Green Dot Public Schools TN campuses. As we move forward, we want to reflect on how the pandemic has changed the read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 10/11“Self-care is giving the world the best of you, instead of what's left of you.” - Kathie ReedThis week, our organization will take a break and fully acknowledge the changing of the season and the end of the first quarter of distance learning. Green Dot read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 9/27“You don't have to have it all figured out to move forward; just keep moving!"And just like that, it's almost Fall Break! At Green Dot Public Schools TN, we are excited for the change of seasons. Memphis is a beautiful place as it transitions read more
2018 Graduation Photos
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 11/08