We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving the Whitehaven community of Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.”
Welcome to Hillcrest High School, a place where students learn to transcend their environment through the integration of academic and social skills, follow their passion and experience the beauty of their dreams. My 13-year career in education is driven by the desire to help young people achieve their greatest potential. As Principal of Hillcrest High School, my goal is to ensure students have a well-rounded high school experience that is rooted in Green Dot Public School’s mission of College, Leadership, and Life.
In my four years at Hillcrest, I have been a part of a transformation that has seen Hillcrest move from being a Level 1 school annually to now being rated a Level 3 by the Tennessee Department of Education. Here at Hillcrest High School it is our belief that all students regardless of race, religious affiliation, or socio-economic status should have access to high quality education. We also believe in empowering our children in such a manner than they act as representatives of a meaningful and value based society. Our curriculum which focuses on educating the whole child complements this. We have a team of fabulous faculty members who display immeasurable energy and an intense commitment to see every child succeed every day!
It is an honor and a pleasure to not only serve as the Principal of Hillcrest High School, but to return the neighborhood that raised me and made me the man I am today. The challenges we face ahead may be great, but with your continued support there is nothing we can’t accomplish. There is no option but to achieve excellence! Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of our faculty if you have any questions or concerns.
Teddrick T. Estes
Principal, Hillcrest High School
Latest updates from Hillcrest
- Novedades de Reapertura de GDPST 1/17Familia GDPST, Las Escuelas Públicas Green Dot TN quieren agradecerle a maestros, administradores y personal, por la gran labor realizada para que los alumnos sigan gozando de la educación y aprendizaje de calidad a lo largo de la pandemia. Desde que regresaron los alumnos del receso de primavera 2020 con la plataforma en línea, los educadores de GDPST han provisto perseverantemente oportunidades a alumnos para seguir con read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/17GDPST Family, Green Dot Public Schools TN would like to thank teachers, administrators and staff for the great work they have done to make sure students continue to receive quality teaching and learning throughout the pandemic. Since students returned from 2020 Spring Break to an online platform, GDPST educators have steadfastly provided students with opportunities for continued growth and achievement. This same commitment will remain read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/32020: A Year In Review Happy New Year! If you're reading this newsletter, you have successfully survived the most challenging year in recent memory. The Green Dot Public Schools TN family is excited that you have made it to 2021 and hope that you will continue to thrive in the coming year! So many things happened this year to impact our school community that are read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 12/13GDPST Family, The holiday season is upon us and we will soon celebrate the end of a year that seems like a lifetime. As promised last month, we agreed to have a decision about January’s return by December 11, 2020. Our leadership teams have continued to consult with experts and reflect on the current state of learning at our schools. After much deliberation, we agree on two realities: read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 12/3GDPST Family, Thank you for working with us through distance learning. We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us to educate your student and prepare him/her for college, leadership and life. In past weeks, we have shared the GDPST Planning for Return document that outlined the general process for moving to in-person learning. Recent studies and local data indicate that schools are not the primary source read more
2018 Graduation Photos
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/17