We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving the Whitehaven community of Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
"Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.”
Welcome to Hillcrest High School, a place where students learn to transcend their environment through the integration of academic and social skills, follow their passion and experience the beauty of their dreams. My 13-year career in education is driven by the desire to help young people achieve their greatest potential. As Principal of Hillcrest High School, my goal is to ensure students have a well-rounded high school experience that is rooted in Green Dot Public School’s mission of College, Leadership, and Life.
In my four years at Hillcrest, I have been a part of a transformation that has seen Hillcrest move from being a Level 1 school annually to now being rated a Level 3 by the Tennessee Department of Education. Here at Hillcrest High School it is our belief that all students regardless of race, religious affiliation, or socio-economic status should have access to high quality education. We also believe in empowering our children in such a manner than they act as representatives of a meaningful and value based society. Our curriculum which focuses on educating the whole child complements this. We have a team of fabulous faculty members who display immeasurable energy and an intense commitment to see every child succeed every day!
It is an honor and a pleasure to not only serve as the Principal of Hillcrest High School, but to return the neighborhood that raised me and made me the man I am today. The challenges we face ahead may be great, but with your continued support there is nothing we can’t accomplish. There is no option but to achieve excellence! Please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of our faculty if you have any questions or concerns.
Teddrick T. Estes
Principal, Hillcrest High School
Latest updates from Hillcrest
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 2/28Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español.GDPST RE-ENTRY UPDATESBlack History 365 If you are reading this newsletter, you have survived the recent historic winter storm that read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 2/14Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español.GDPST Family, Leading Green Thank you, thank you, thank you for continuing to partner with Green Dot Public Schools TN. At no other time in our history has it been more important for our organization to lead green. If you are read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 2/11VIRTUAL COMMUNITY MEETING - TONIGHT!GDPST Family, Thank you for working with us through distance learning and our return to in-person learning. We appreciate the trust you’ve placed in us to educate your student and prepare him/her read more
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 1/31Haga clic aquí para leer este boletín en español.GDPST Family, Week two of Re-Entry is on the books and we are pleased with the response our learning community has had to transitioning back into the building. Green Dot Public Schools TN is aware of the concern some community stakeholders read more
- Novedades de Reapertura de GDPST 1/17Familia GDPST, Las Escuelas Públicas Green Dot TN quieren agradecerle a maestros, administradores y personal, por la gran labor realizada para que los alumnos sigan gozando de la educación y aprendizaje de calidad a lo largo de la pandemia. Desde que regresaron los alumnos del receso de primavera 2020 con la plataforma en línea, los educadores de GDPST han provisto perseverantemente oportunidades a alumnos para seguir con read more
2018 Graduation Photos
- Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee Re-Entry Updates 2/14