We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving the Whitehaven community of Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. ~Malcolm X
We welcome you to Hillcrest High School for the 2018-19 school year as we prepare our students for GREATNESS! We are excited to welcome back our students, parents, and community leaders. Together, we will ensure our students are prepared for success in college, leadership, and life through excellent and rigorous instruction with highly-trained staff.
It is our belief at Hillcrest High that all students should have college exposure and the choice to attend the best colleges. We stand behind this belief by supporting our students socially, emotionally, and academically as they maneuver through the academic process. We are adamant in our stance that students from every walk of life deserve an opportunity to enroll and graduate from college.
I am extremely honored to be the leader of this school. I consider myself very fortunate to be a team member of Hillcrest High School as well as Green Dot Public Schools. Each day I am reminded just how amazing and wonderful our students and staff are, as they persevere through numerous challenges and excel to greatness. It is these daily reminders that make our school unique and special. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of our faculty, staff, or directly to me if you have any questions. Let’s make it a school year of GREATNESS in every way!
Principal, Hillcrest High School
Latest updates from Hillcrest
- “Hillcrest Senior ‘Gives Her Best Shot,’ and Lands a Basketball Scholarship “Chancey Jackson, a senior at Hillcrest High School, is heading to college next year on a basketball scholarship. While she’s still choosing between offers, including West Kentucky University, she’s proud of the strong season she and her teammates had. The Lady Vikings were 14-0 this season, and were the top ranking team in the district. While the team didn’t make it to the read more
- Hillcrest Sweeps at Annual ACT-SO Competition, Will Send Two Students to Detroit for NationalsThis summer, two students from Hillcrest High School will be heading to the Afro-Academic, Cultural, Technological and Scientific Olympics (ACT-SO) National Competition in Detroit. The competition was first organized over 30 years ago by NAACP branches across the U.S. to encourage African American high school students to aspire for excellence in 26 academic areas of competition. Each year high school students from public, private, read more
- Local Police Officer Coaches Winning Hillcrest Knowledge Bowl TeamThis February, a team of students from Hillcrest High School won first place at the annual Memphis Police Department (MPD) Crime Prevention Unit’s City Wide Black History Month Knowledge Bowl. The MPD hosted 14 school teams and their families at First Baptist Broad Church, leaning on the help of precinct officers and Neighborhood Watch Coordinators to coach teams and judge the competition. The day brought challenging questions about famous African-American writers, activists, musicians, athletes, and performers. Photo courtesy of read more
- Signing Days Celebrate Football Players at Hillcrest and FairleyMemphis’ Fairley High School and Hillcrest High School hosted their annual Signing Days, celebrating nine senior football players who signed letters of intent to attend universities across the country. Signing Day serves as a reminder of how vital our school communities are to the mission of preparing students for college, leadership, and life. The Hillcrest Vikings and the Fairley Bulldogs–and all of Green Dot— are immensely proud of our student athletes who have officially signed and received scholarships to top colleges. read more
- Strong Leaders Take the Helm at Green Dot Schools Across the CountryAs we begin a new school year, Green Dot Public Schools is proud to introduce a number of new school leaders. While not all are new faces at their schools, they are all new to the helm. These educators will drive the direction of our schools, embody our mission to serve all students, and inspire their teachers, families and communities to commit to excellence read more