Message from the Principal
I have the honor of being the Principal at a school that I love. We take pride in being a school where every student can find an avenue for success and in being a community where everyone in the Bulldog family strives to find the best in themselves and others. We have much to be proud of at the beginning of this school year. Let’s keep the momentum going, as I look forward to serving the Bulldog community.
The success of our students is built on the partnership we have with our families, Alum and the entire 38109 zip code. I am grateful that we have such an amazing relationship with our community and we will continue to strive to be the type of school that our families can be proud to send their children and grandchildren to. Our entire staff works tirelessly to create a positive environment where every person’s unique strengths and talents are celebrated. We working very hard to set a culture of high expectations for students and staff alike and it is our sincere goal that each and every one of our students graduates with a plan for the future and how they will succeed in College, Leadership, and Life! The combination of focusing on our students’ academic success as well as their social and emotional well-being creates an environment where our students do amazing things this and every year.
I am proud to be a part of the tradition of success that has been built over many years at Fairley High School and am elated to be your Principal. I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with you this year and I look forward to a great year.
Latest Updates from Fairley
- How the Grindhouse Boxing Program is Helping Fairley Students SucceedFor Jada Pipkin, a sophomore at Fairley High School, the Grindhouse Program is the highlight of her day. “I learned that I got a lot of self confidence, and it taught me to be strong about myself,” said Pipkin. Led by Jessica Hubbard, a Behavior Specialist at Green Dot, the program provides students with a safe after school environment ... read more
- Green Dot Celebrates International Women’s Day10 Stories that highlight women’s excellence in education. International Women’s Day recognizes the contributions of women across the world. In celebration of the global holiday, we’ve rounded up 10 articles and videos that highlight the impacts that women have had on education and equitability at Green Dot Public Schools. ... read more
- How Fairley Inspired This Alumna to Dream Big“I'll find a way, or make one.” This is a motto Fairley High School alumna Corteona Standback lives by. Growing up she saw family and friends attend college, only to drop out after their first year. Now in her third year at Clark Atlanta University, a Historically Black College and University (HBCU) in Atlanta Georgia, Standback is committed to forging a different ... read more
- The 74 — Soleo: In Education, the Oldest Form of Discrimination Is the Status Quo. That’s Why Memphis’s Priority Schools Shouldn’t Return to Their DistrictsBy Chad SoleoCEO, Green Dot Public Schools National Let there be no confusion: For more than half a century, public education in Memphis has been delivered in a systemically inequitable fashion, and historically low-income and vulnerable neighborhoods have ... read more
- Green Dot Celebrates International Women’s Day