Message from the Principal
As we enter the 2017-2018 school year, I have the honor of being the Principal at a school that I love. We take pride in being a school where every student can find an avenue for success and in being a community where everyone in the Bulldog family strives to find the best in themselves and others. We have much to be proud of at the beginning of this school year. Let’s keep the momentum going, as I look forward to serving the Bulldog community.
The success of our students is built on the partnership we have with our families, Alum and the entire 38109 zip code. I am grateful that we have such an amazing relationship with our community and we will continue to strive to be the type of school that our families can be proud to send their children and grandchildren to. Our entire staff works tirelessly to create a positive environment where every person’s unique strengths and talents are celebrated. We working very hard to set a culture of high expectations for students and staff alike and it is our sincere goal that each and every one of our students graduates with a plan for the future and how they will succeed in College, Leadership, and Life! The combination of focusing on our students’ academic success as well as their social and emotional well-being creates an environment where our students do amazing things this and every year.
I am proud to be a part of the tradition of success that has been built over many years at Fairley High School and am elated to be your Principal. I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with you this year and I look forward to a great year.
Let’s fall back in LOVE with Fairley,
Michael C. Bates
Principal Fairley High School
Latest Updates from Fairley
- For Love of Music: How Fairley’s New Band Director is Restoring a Legacy“Music is more than just playing an instrument and trying to sound good. Music is about putting yourself into the instrument -- your character, your heart, your pride,” said Thomas Perry, the Band Director at Green Dot’s Fairley High School. “[Music is about] disciplining yourself to be able to do more than one thing: playing, practicing, doing homework, and being a model citizen.” ... read more
- Why So Many Fairley Students Are Heading to Clark Atlanta University“My grandmother raised me, and my father lived in Atlanta. It was his move that introduced me to life outside of Memphis,” said Cafabian Heard, a Fairley High School alumnus (‘05) and former teacher. Visiting Atlanta also introduced him to Clark Atlanta University, where he graduated with a degree in theatre arts in 2009. When Heard first walked on to the Clark Atlanta campus, ... read more
- Chalkbeat–How one group unites, provides opportunities for Memphis-area musiciansA drumline’s cadence filled the corners of Fairley High School’s band room, where 260 band members from across Memphis wrapped up their final practice of the week. “M-M-B!” the group shouted before lifting their instruments to attention. James Taylor, one of the program’s five directors, signaled one last stand tune before he made his closing remarks. “It behooves you to be on that ... read more
- Check Out the Smiles of the Class of 2018Green Dot is proud to celebrate the Class of 2018! This year marked a number of milestones for our schools, and as we reflect on the school year, it’s clear how much there is to celebrate. At our founding school, Ánimo Leadership Charter High School, 100% of seniors graduated, and 99% of ... read more
- Local Memphis–Local Group Promotes Self-Love Amongst Teen Girls Across The Mid-SouthMEMPHIS, Tenn. (localmemphis.com) - One local organization got a chance to promote self-love and positivity among teenage girls. The Beautiful Spirited Women group held their 2nd Annual Teen Girls Explosion Conference at Fairley High School Saturday. It featured workshops, panel discussions, and live entertainment. Watch the Full Video at Local Memphis ... read more