Message from the Principal
As we enter the 2017-2018 school year, I have the honor of being the Principal at a school that I love. We take pride in being a school where every student can find an avenue for success and in being a community where everyone in the Bulldog family strives to find the best in themselves and others. We have much to be proud of at the beginning of this school year. Let’s keep the momentum going, as I look forward to serving the Bulldog community.
The success of our students is built on the partnership we have with our families, Alum and the entire 38109 zip code. I am grateful that we have such an amazing relationship with our community and we will continue to strive to be the type of school that our families can be proud to send their children and grandchildren to. Our entire staff works tirelessly to create a positive environment where every person’s unique strengths and talents are celebrated. We working very hard to set a culture of high expectations for students and staff alike and it is our sincere goal that each and every one of our students graduates with a plan for the future and how they will succeed in College, Leadership, and Life! The combination of focusing on our students’ academic success as well as their social and emotional well-being creates an environment where our students do amazing things this and every year.
I am proud to be a part of the tradition of success that has been built over many years at Fairley High School and am elated to be your Principal. I am grateful to have the opportunity to work with you this year and I look forward to a great year.
Latest Updates from Fairley
- Guided by a Belief in the Potential of All StudentsOver 15 years ago, a desire to see all children succeed inspired Lajuan Sylvester to leave her role as an operations manager in the private sector and pursue a career in public education. As a parent of a child with a learning disability, she was driven to advocate for her child and other children with similar challenges. ... read more
- Making College Real: Why All Green Dot Schools Tour College CampusesAt Green Dot, college tours are a critical component of our students' path to higher education. Most importantly, exposing students to college campuses feeds a vision for their future, and allows them to imagine themselves walking the campus as a student one day. These trips also provide students with an opportunity to learn about life on a college campus, meet current students, and ... read more
- Why We Celebrate Our Teachers Every dayMagical, awe-inspiring, caring, dedicated, and motivating-- these are just a few words that describe Green Dot teachers. Today, we thank Green Dot educators for their unwavering belief in the potential of all students. They are true believers in and on the frontlines of our mission to prepare all students for college, leadership, and life. We are proud to offer a small window into ... read more
- Grindhouse Boxing Provides Socioemotional Lessons for Students at FairleyIn the fall of 2014, Jessica Hubbard was a new Special Education teacher at Fairley High School, and she found herself in a conversation with another educator about how intensive exercise like boxing could relieve stress. She had just moved to Memphis from Nashville, where she had taken up kickboxing, and she began to consider what impact the discipline innate to a sport ... read more
- Signing Days Celebrate Football Players at Hillcrest and FairleyMemphis’ Fairley High School and Hillcrest High School hosted their annual Signing Days, celebrating nine senior football players who signed letters of intent to attend universities across the country. Signing Day serves as a reminder of how vital our school communities are to the mission of preparing students for college, leadership, and life. The Hillcrest Vikings and the Fairley Bulldogs--and all of Green Dot-- are ... read more