We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Welcome to Bluff City High School, home of the Gray Wolves!
We’re excited to host the founding class of 2021 and look forward to welcoming new students in the near future. We are committed to establishing a safe school environment that prepares our scholars for College, Leadership and Life. With the support of parents and the surrounding community, we believe our scholars are destined to make a positive impact in the City of Memphis and beyond.
-Jonas Cleaves, Principal
Latest Updates from BCHS
- How This Student Grew Over Three Years in Math in Just One YearThis piece is part of Faces of Growth, a series of profiles that underscore the importance of looking at student performance and school effectiveness through the lens of growth, and not just absolute achievement. This series provides an opportunity to celebrate our students’ hard work and our educators’ tireless dedication. When Lorenzo Mays, now a sophomore at Bluff City High School, entered the school as a freshman, his iReady testing results demonstrated ... read more
- Three Green Dot Schools Achieve TVAAS Scores of 5 as 2018-19 School Year CommencesThree Green Dot schools – Bluff City High School, Kirby Middle School, and Wooddale Middle School – all achieved Tennessee Value-Added Assessment System (TVAAS) scores of 5 as they opened in early August for the 2018-19 school year. The scores show significant growth and achievement for Green Dot Public Schools’ students. We began operating schools in Memphis since 2014 when we were invited by the state’s Achievement School District to transform several local middle and high schools. TVAAS measures student growth year over ... read more
- Meet Darryl: Developing a Joyful Resilience at Bluff City High School“Every day I walk into this school, I try to make the best impression and show my teachers that I’m that guy who’s going to do something great with their life,” says Darryl Buchanan, a freshman in the founding class at Bluff City High School. “I try to make everyone proud.” Prior to arriving at Bluff City, Buchanan attended Wooddale Middle School. “In sixth grade Green Dot wasn’t affiliated with Wooddale yet, and then it got fun when Green Dot came in my ... read more
- Reflecting On a 2018 of GrowthAs we turn the page on a new year, we take this time to reflect on all the ways we’ve grown in the past year. We have much to be proud of, and still more growth to pursue, but always, we remain committed to the students and families who have entrusted us to help pave a path of preparation for college, leadership, and life. Growing How Many We Serve 14,000 Students ... read more
- New Year, New Faces: Meet Three New School Leaders Excited For Their New RolesAs the school year approaches, Green Dot Public Schools proudly welcomes new school leaders to our growing community as they prepare to roll up their sleeves and get to work in schools across California, Washington, and Tennessee. These leaders will drive the direction of our schools, embody our mission to serve all students, and inspire their teachers, families and communities to commit to excellence in public education. With the opening of three new schools, and addition of one existing school to our network, Green ... read more