We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving the Whitehaven community of Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
We are the mighty Vikings of Hillcrest High School! At Hillcrest, all stakeholders are committed to changing the lives and trajectories of the students here in the Whitehaven community. Hillcrest High is excited about transforming not only the school but perceptions that all students are not capable of learning. We believe all of our students will be prepared for college, leadership and life, creating opportunities for the next generation of students to reach beyond the boundaries of Tennessee, to become more global citizens. We are the new haven for a great education!
Latest updates from Hillcrest
- Tis’ the Season: Students Create Opportunities to GiveThe season of gratitude and giving is upon us, and our students are leading the charge! Schools across the Green Dot network have worked with their community and local organizations to host events that encourage their peers and neighbors to give and foster a spirit of generosity. As we educate students and inspire them to use their minds to create change, we aim to also encourage them to use their hearts. At our schools we encourage students ... read more
- Watch Three Green Dot Students Along Their Road to CollegeWe debuted this video at our regional back-to-school kick-off events. The theme of the video, "The Road to College," is reinforced by the signs hanging over the doors of each Green Dot classroom. It is a celebration of everything our students become and can become because of the hard work of our educators, staff, and families. Regardless of where or what they live or teach, they are all important partners in our students' journeys on their road to college. This journey may start before a ... read more
- Parting Wisdom from Hillcrest’s Class of 2017At Fairley High School and Hillcrest High School, students, staff, and families alike are excited about the 191 students heading to colleges in the fall, including Fisk University and Christian Brothers University. Many students are attending two-year universities tuition free thanks to the Tennessee Promise Scholarship. While it has been a great school year at both of these campuses, this is Hillcrest's first graduation under Green Dot's leadership of the school, making it a very ... read more
- Memphis Seniors Graduate Ready For College, Leadership and LifeGreen Dot Public Schools proudly celebrates the end of a successful school year as 209 students from our two high schools in Memphis walk the stage at their graduation ceremonies. Green Dot leadership, educators and staff congratulate the overwhelming success of its graduates and proudly welcomes them into the ranks of Green Dot alumni. Green Dot proudly highlights the following statistics from its graduating class of 2017: At Fairley High School and Hillcrest High School, teachers ... read more
- A New Captain for the Hillcrest VikingsMeredith Davis was drawn to Memphis because she sees the city’s education reform journey as parallel to that of Washington D.C., her home for the past several years. Principal Davis is uniquely qualified to make that comparison -- before assuming her current role as Principal of Hillcrest High School in June 2016, she held a number of positions within the D.C. Public Schools system: teacher, Special Education Coordinator, Dean ... read more