We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving the Whitehaven community of Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today. ~Malcolm X
We welcome you to Hillcrest High School for the 2018-19 school year as we prepare our students for GREATNESS! We are excited to welcome back our students, parents, and community leaders. Together, we will ensure our students are prepared for success in college, leadership, and life through excellent and rigorous instruction with highly-trained staff.
It is our belief at Hillcrest High that all students should have college exposure and the choice to attend the best colleges. We stand behind this belief by supporting our students socially, emotionally, and academically as they maneuver through the academic process. We are adamant in our stance that students from every walk of life deserve an opportunity to enroll and graduate from college.
I am extremely honored to be the leader of this school. I consider myself very fortunate to be a team member of Hillcrest High School as well as Green Dot Public Schools. Each day I am reminded just how amazing and wonderful our students and staff are, as they persevere through numerous challenges and excel to greatness. It is these daily reminders that make our school unique and special. Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of our faculty, staff, or directly to me if you have any questions. Let’s make it a school year of GREATNESS in every way!
Principal, Hillcrest High School
Latest updates from Hillcrest
- Tis’ the Season: Students Create Opportunities to GiveThe season of gratitude and giving is upon us, and our students are leading the charge! Schools across the Green Dot network have worked with their community and local organizations to host events that encourage their peers and neighbors to give and foster a spirit of generosity. As we educate students and inspire them to use their minds to create change, we aim to also encourage them to use their hearts. At our schools we encourage students ... read more
- Watch Three Green Dot Students Along Their Road to CollegeWe debuted this video at our regional back-to-school kick-off events. The theme of the video, "The Road to College," is reinforced by the signs hanging over the doors of each Green Dot classroom. It is a celebration of everything our students become and can become because of the hard work of our educators, staff, and families. Regardless of where or what they live or teach, they are all important partners in our students' journeys on their road to college. This journey may start before a ... read more
- Parting Wisdom from Hillcrest’s Class of 2017At Fairley High School and Hillcrest High School, students, staff, and families alike are excited about the 191 students heading to colleges in the fall, including Fisk University and Christian Brothers University. Many students are attending two-year universities tuition free thanks to the Tennessee Promise Scholarship. While it has been a great school year at both of these campuses, this is Hillcrest's first graduation under Green Dot's leadership of the school, making it a very ... read more
- Memphis Seniors Graduate Ready For College, Leadership and LifeGreen Dot Public Schools proudly celebrates the end of a successful school year as 209 students from our two high schools in Memphis walk the stage at their graduation ceremonies. Green Dot leadership, educators and staff congratulate the overwhelming success of its graduates and proudly welcomes them into the ranks of Green Dot alumni. Green Dot proudly highlights the following statistics from its graduating class of 2017: At Fairley High School and Hillcrest High School, teachers ... read more
- A New Captain for the Hillcrest VikingsMeredith Davis was drawn to Memphis because she sees the city’s education reform journey as parallel to that of Washington D.C., her home for the past several years. Principal Davis is uniquely qualified to make that comparison -- before assuming her current role as Principal of Hillcrest High School in June 2016, she held a number of positions within the D.C. Public Schools system: teacher, Special Education Coordinator, Dean ... read more