Dear Fairley Families,
We’ve had a great start to the second quarter of the school year! 100% of our seniors have applied for the Tennessee Promise scholarship and are one step closer to their college acceptance letters. This year, I would like to boost school pride, communication, and parent involvement. In order to do that, you will receive a weekly newsletter keeping you in the loop of all of the great things happening at Fairley so that we can work together to put our kids on the path to being prepared for college, leadership, and life. Please send any feedback on this newsletter my way.
Zach Samson, Principal
- Like us on Facebook! We are so proud of the great things that our students and staff are doing! Like us on Facebook so that you can see all of our examples of greatness at Fairley and stay in the loop on what’s happening at the school. You can find our Facebook page here.
- Cell phone and electronics policy (update): Electronics, including cell phones, are not permitted for any reason during the school day. If you need to contact your student, you should call the main office. If your student has his or her phone out during school, then it will be confiscated, and a parent or guardian will need to pick it up at the end of the day. Student refusal of confiscation will result in a consequence up to a full day in ISS and a mandatory parent conference. Conversely, a reduction in electronic usage during the day will result in students being allowed to use their phones in the cafeteria. Thank you for helping us keep the kids focused on learning and not on their cell phone’s screen!
- Sweatshirts, fleeces, and more are available in the main office! The uniform policy is that students wear a black polo and solid black jacket or sweatshirt. In order to create a safe and consistent school, your student can purchase his or her uniform sweatshirt or fleece in the main office.
- Fairley Vision: Check out the latest episode here!
- Progress reports: Your student will get his or her progress report in advisory this Thursday, November 10th. Your student should bring that home to show you their grades.
Upcoming Events at Fairley!
November 10: Progress reports given to students in advisory class
November 11: Veterans Day (No School)
November 12: Battle of the Drummers at Fairley from 5-9 pm
November 15: Parent FAFSA Night at Fairley from 4-6 pm (mandatory for senior parents only)
November 15: Basketball vs Hutchison at Hutchison (girls only) at 6 pm
November 17: Basketball vs Soulsville at Fairley (boys and girls) at 6 pm
November 18: Majorette Jamboree at Fairley from 6-10 pm
November 18-19: Senior Lock In at Fairley from 10 pm to 9 am (overnight event for qualifying seniors)
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
Greatness at Fairley!
This week, we had 100% of our senior class apply for the TN Promise scholarship. We are so proud of our students’ drive and determination. The TN Promise scholarship provides students with a mentor and scholarship money for qualifying programs. Seniors Jalaah Moore, Tamera Brown, Corteona Standback, Aire’Anna Primer, and Kayla Bush flash their smiles and show their excitement about their scholarship money. Way to go, Class of 2017!