Dear Fairley Families,
I hope that you all had a restful Thanksgiving filled with good food! This year, we are focusing on increasing our students’ reading levels, since that is a big indicator of future opportunities and success! In the next week, your student will take the Reading Inventory (RI) test in their English class. Please encourage them to do their best on this test. To support our kids in improving their reading skills, we’ve also launched the Bulldog Book Mobile, a library of great books that is open in the mornings and travels to Advisory classes. Check out how much the kids are loving this! Reading just 20 minutes per night can have a huge impact on our kids’ lives!
Zach Samson, Principal
- Accreditation survey: We need to get 100 survey responses by December 1st for our accreditation. Right now, we have about 40. Please take 10 minutes to complete this survey.
- School Advisory Council (SAC): The School Advisory Council is a great way to get involved at Fairley! We meet once per month to review data on our school and make recommendations for the school. If you are interested in participating, please email me at email@example.com
- Final exams: All students will take their final exams on December 14th, 15th, and 16th. Grades are finalized on December 16th so keep bugging your child to study every night.
- Tickets for basketball games: We love seeing so many families come out to support our basketball teams! Tickets can be purchased in the main office for $5. At the door, the price increases to $8.
- College applications for seniors: Seniors are working on their college applications in advisory. The deadline for them to submit their applications is December 9th...it’s crunch time!
- Like us on Facebook! You can find our Facebook page here.
- Cell phone and electronics policy (update): Electronics, including cell phones, are not permitted for any reason during the school day. If you need to contact your student, you should call the main office. If your student has his or her phone out during school, then it will be confiscated, and a parent or guardian will need to pick it up at the end of the day. Student refusal of confiscation will result in a consequence up to a full day in ISS and a mandatory parent conference. Conversely, a reduction in electronic usage during the day will result in students being allowed to use their phones in the cafeteria. Thank you for helping us keep the kids focused on learning and not on their cell phone’s screen!
- Sweatshirts, fleeces, and more are available in the main office! The uniform policy is that students wear a black polo and solid black jacket or sweatshirt. In order to create a safe and consistent school, your student can purchase his or her uniform sweatshirt or fleece in the main office.
- Fairley Vision: Check out the latest episode of Fairley Vision here.
- Progress reports: Your student will receive his or her progress report in two weeks.
Upcoming Events at Fairley!
Greatness at Fairley!
Come visit Ms. Alesch and the Spanish Club as they sell concessions at the basketball games to fundraise for their trip to Costa Rica! Way to go, Spanish Club!