Dear Fairley Families,
Thank you to everyone who sent feedback on the newsletter! Overall, the feedback was positive; this week, I’ve tried to include more photos so that you can see what’s going on at Fairley everyday. This week, we asked for your support in holding our students to high expectations for their electronics, and we are overwhelmed by how supportive you all have been. Your involvement is pivotal in the success of our kids, and we’re so lucky to have such wonderful parents at our school. Please enjoy the rest of your weekend and join us for the first basketball game this week.
Zach Samson, Principal
- Like us on Facebook! We are so proud of the great things that our students and staff are doing! Like us on Facebook so that you can see all of our examples of greatness at Fairley and stay in the loop on what’s happening at the school. You can find our Facebook page here.
- D or F mailer: If your student has a “D” or an “F” in a class, then you will receive a notification in the mail shortly. Final exams and the end of the semester are coming up quickly so please encourage your student to attend tutoring office hours.
- Athletic physicals by LeBonheur: If your student needs an athletic physical, the LeBonheur mobile unit will be at school this Thursday. They need to turn in their packet by Tuesday in the main office in order to get their physical.
- We want to hear from you! Every five years, high schools have to go through the accreditation process. Part of that includes surveying parents, students, and staff. Please take 15-20 minutes to complete this survey.
- Cell phone and electronics policy (update): Electronics, including cell phones, are not permitted for any reason during the school day. If you need to contact your student, you should call the main office. If your student has his or her phone out during school, then it will be confiscated, and a parent or guardian will need to pick it up at the end of the day. Student refusal of confiscation will result in a consequence up to a full day in ISS and a mandatory parent conference. Conversely, a reduction in electronic usage during the day will result in students being allowed to use their phones in the cafeteria. Thank you for helping us keep the kids focused on learning and not on their cell phone’s screen!
- Sweatshirts, fleeces, and more are available in the main office! The uniform policy is that students wear a black polo and solid black jacket or sweatshirt. In order to create a safe and consistent school, your student can purchase his or her uniform sweatshirt or fleece in the main office.
- Fairley Vision: Fairley Vision took a break during the four-day week. It’ll be back next week!
- Progress reports: Your student received his or her progress report in advisory this Thursday, November 10th. Your student should have brought that home to show you their current grades.
Upcoming Events at Fairley!
November 15: Parent FAFSA Night at Fairley from 4-6 pm (mandatory for senior parents only)
November 15: Basketball vs Hutchinson at Hutchinson (girls only) at 6 pm
November 17: Basketball vs Soulsville at Fairley (boys and girls) at 6 pm
November 18: Majorette Jamboree at Fairley from 6-10 pm
November 18-19: Senior Lock In at Fairley from 10 pm to 9 am (overnight event for qualifying seniors)
November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break (No School)
Greatness at Fairley!
This year, we are focusing on increasing our students’ reading levels, since that is a big indicator of future opportunities and success! In the next week, your student will take the Reading Inventory (RI) test in their English class. Please encourage them to do their best on this test. To support our kids in improving their reading skills, we’ve also launched the Bulldog Book Mobile, a library of great books that is open in the mornings and travels to Advisory classes. Reading just 20 minutes per night can have a huge impact on our kids’ lives!