We are a public, tuition-free, college preparatory charter school serving a diverse population in Memphis, Tennessee. Our mission is to help transform public education so ALL students graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life.
Message from the Principal
Welcome to Bluff City High School, home of the Gray Wolves!
We’re excited to host the founding class of 2021 and look forward to welcoming new students in the near future. We are committed to establishing a safe school environment that prepares our scholars for College, Leadership and Life. With the support of parents and the surrounding community, we believe our scholars are destined to make a positive impact in the City of Memphis and beyond.
-Jonas Cleaves, Principal
Latest Updates from BCHS
- Meet Darryl: Developing a Joyful Resilience at Bluff City High School“Every day I walk into this school, I try to make the best impression and show my teachers that I’m that guy who’s going to do something great with their life,” says Darryl Buchanan, a freshman in the founding class at Bluff City High School. “I try to make everyone proud.” Prior to arriving at Bluff City, Buchanan attended Wooddale Middle School. “In sixth grade Green Dot wasn’t affiliated with Wooddale yet, and then it got fun when Green Dot came in my ... read more
- New Year, New Faces: Meet Three New School Leaders Excited For Their New RolesAs the school year approaches, Green Dot Public Schools proudly welcomes new school leaders to our growing community as they prepare to roll up their sleeves and get to work in schools across California, Washington, and Tennessee. These leaders will drive the direction of our schools, embody our mission to serve all students, and inspire their teachers, families and communities to commit to excellence in public education. With the opening of three new schools, and addition of one existing school to our network, Green ... read more
- Building a Great School Together in Hickory Hill“Founding a school is a huge amount of work, but it’s also a huge opportunity. You will always be the first to shape it,” said Jonas G. Cleaves, addressing an eager group of parents and students gathered on a sunny May afternoon in Memphis. Amid festive balloons and assorted refreshments, Cleaves led a community discussion about Bluff City High School, a new public charter school and the latest addition to the Green Dot Public Schools Tennessee family. Serving the Hickory Hill neighborhood, Bluff ... read more
- Cleaves Joins Green Dot as Leader of Bluff City High SchoolBluff City High School has a new principal – Jonas G. Cleaves will be joining the Green Dot Public Schools family as the school’s leader this fall. Parents and students in the founding class of Bluff City are enthusiastic about this new leadership and the new school year. Green Dot could not be more proud of this addition to our team; there can never been too many great educators working to prepare all students to graduate prepared for college, leadership, and life. Cleaves ... read more
- Welcoming a New Green Dot High School in Hickory HillGreen Dot Public Schools is excited to announce a high quality high school option for students throughout South Memphis: Bluff City High School is set to open its doors for the first time in August 2017. Bluff City High School will begin with a founding ninth grade cohort, and add a grade each year. Current eighth graders are eligible and invited to enroll as a founding member of the school and be a part of the first graduating class! As an independent charter ... read more